[pct-l] Sore knee

james rivet airjay66 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:42:11 CDT 2012

Anyone have some advice on how best to alleviate pain in the
knee--particularly the inside part of the knee.  I guess I'm mostly
interested in knowing if other hikers have experienced similar discomfort
and it gets better as the legs get stronger.  My base pack weight is pretty
good--not ultralight, but lightweight and I'm sensible about water strategy
and food resupplies.
Having to medicate regularly with Ibuprofen seems reckless at best.  I am
aware of the RICE treatment method and I'm making as much use of this as
possible.
I also use trekking poles and have found them indispensable at the moment.
Thanks
JR