[pct-l] Ride Suggestions Lee Vining to Sonora Pass

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 09:46:28 CDT 2012

I have been both dropped off and picked up by the Crest Bus (ESTA) at the interection of 395 & 108. This was in 2011. Hitching west towards Sonora pass was easy - I barely got my "HIKER TO TRAIL" SIGN (although I only needed to hitch as far as the pack station, my sign read "Sonora Pass") out and my thumb up before the FIRST car stopped. My need was only to get to and from the Levitt Meadows Pack station, where I had parked my rig. Craig Randall had had one of his packers give me the ride east to the intersection, where I just waved and flagged down the bus. I had called the ESTA to ask the driver to stop. I waited at the PHONE BOOTH - which is about 100 yards north of the intersection. When I saw the bus coming, I stood part way on the road and signaled him to stop. No problem.

MendoRider