[pct-l] Thanks from a Newbie!

Catherine Ford ceford.nhighlands at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:40:27 CDT 2012

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank you all for the wonderful and valuable information you have
been providing to me about both shoe selection and learning to self-arrest.
I live in Sacramento, CA and am starting to hike on weekends to toughen
myself up. I've also started buying the gear I'll need for backpacking.
Tapping into the collective and individual wisdom on this list is also part
of my preparations for hiking the PCT. That won't happen for 2-3 years (at
least!), but it will happen. I've got some other things that need to be
done first. In the meantime I'll get the experiences that so many of you
have suggested under my belt.
 Thanks again for the wonderful answers that have made me feel like a
welcome addition to this community!

Have a Great Day!

Cathy!

Catherine Ford
Something to think about: "Millions saw an apple fall. Only Newton asked
why."