[pct-l] Sore knees (aren't much fun)

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed May 23 13:37:05 CDT 2012

Good morning, ,

I agree with Stephen.  I experienced severe bruising of the knee joint
surface due to some very unwise sprinting during a run many years ago.  I
didn’t intervene medically, and it took about a year for it to totally heal.
Hard-charging down hills is similar way to damage the joints.

Another problem with speed down hills is the risk of shin-splints.  Downhill
means a hard heal strike will cause unusual torque about the ankle that
must be resisted by the shin muscle structure.

Steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/