[pct-l] best way to travel by air with trekking poles?

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:09:20 CDT 2012

Supposedly there is a regulation that you can bring a walking stick on the
plane if you need it to walk, but I doubt you really need it, and I don't
think it permit two sticks.  Even so, I'm tempted to paint mine white with
red tips while wearing sunglasses to see if they'll let me bring it on the
plane.  Or maybe not.

I don't like the idea of lashing them to your pack.  It could fall off,
snag and rip your pack, or break.  At the very least I'd put it all in one
of those big plastic bags that the airline provides.  I'd feel much better
about mailing them separately in those USPS cardboard tubes.