[pct-l] Trekking poles

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 12:25:16 CDT 2012

We have carried our hiking poles to Europe, South America, and across the U.S.  and back at least a dozen times with no problems. We collapse them, surround them with sleeping bag or other soft items, and it all fits inside an unpadded (relatively inexpensive) duffle bag. The duffle bag is light enough that Ralph can carry it in his backpack if necessary (when we aren't returning to our starting point).
Happy trails,
Susan Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/hiking-in-san-francisco/susan-alcorn
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.