[pct-l] Sleeping bag help, please

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 13:11:15 CDT 2012

Nope, not so. The Equinox Ultra-light Bivy is not lighter than the Cocoon Silk sleeping bag liner. The Bivy weighs 6.5 ounces vs only 4.7 ounces for the silk Cocoon.  And the bivy is not useful in keeping the INSIDE of your bag clean. And, the Cocoon improves the warmth of the bag by 9.5 degrees. Of course, you could bring both and still only be carrying an extra 10.75 ounces. The Bivy and the Cocoon are designed to serve different purposes.

MendoRider-Hiker