[pct-l] Bakersfield to Tehachapi

Jerry Goller geartester at comcast.net
Wed May 30 14:14:36 CDT 2012

I had to bail at Palm Springs. My plan for dealing
with diabetes in the desert (basically no plan) didn't work out. I barely
made it to Ziggy and the Bear's.

I've sorted out a good plan for dealing with my diabetes and did some
refitting. I'm taking a train to Bakersfield on the 11th. From there I need
to get to Tehachapi. I'll be coming in to Bakersfield around 10 pm.

Can anyone give me suggestions for motels near the train station and for
buses to Tehachapi? The Amtrak bus schedule isn't all that handy. I'd like
to get something a little earlier. Any suggestions for a good bus to catch?

I'll need to buy a gas canister there, as well. Any suggestions for an easy
place to get to that carries them?

Thanks!

Jerry

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear