[pct-l] Winter attempt in SoCal

Linda Sheehan lwshee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:52:01 CST 2012

Hello,
My friend and I (intrepid section hikers) are from Seattle and will be in
the Palm Springs area over Xmas holidays. We want to do about a week on the
PCT and will have a car and husband support camper rv. We were thinking of
starting at Campo and just going north for 70 miles and being resupplied
and doing about 30 more. We'll have a GPS, winter bags and tent and water
pump/pills. I know the weather could be cold and snowy in parts. Is it
possible to do it in the snow? Should we bring microspikes or is there a
saner alternative (other than sitting by the pool!) some other part of the
trail down there?
Suggestions will be appreciated.
Anyone else interested in joining us?
Linda S. from Seattle