[pct-l] Thru-Hike, Explorer Style

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 12:12:20 CST 2012

Eriic,

On SEARCH type in:      bronze mule pct            You will find information on Bronze's Expedition.  His plan was, is some ways similar to yours - except that everything that he brought was what would have been available in the early 1800's. All of his clothes, all equipment, his authentic food, etc. He was on the PCT for over 1.5 months. He walked, leading the mule. I don't think he did much hunting. You might want to contact him.

Your biggest problem would be resupply - since fires would not be legal in most places - to cook, you would need to resupply FUEL for whatever stove you would need. Or, the other option would be to eat most of your meat raw. Or mostly stay off the PCT and the CREST and find lower elevation routes.

I solo rode the PCT on a horse. I resupplied by driving my rig ahead and caching at road crossings and trail heads. I mostly lived on the trail, did not go into towns to resupply or for the conveniences of civilization. I was on the PCT to escape that and be as independent and self-reliant as possible. Of course, that was not always possible and I greatly appreciate the help that I got, when needed, from people.  if you are interested, on search, type in:     edandersonpct

Best of luck,

MendoRider-Hiker