[pct-l] Mileage

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Nov 4 19:30:08 CST 2012

For my trip planning I create a spreadsheet using the Postholer data book
then try to correlate his points-of-interest with the guidebook and with
halfmile's waypoints.  While the total mileage from the Mexican border can
vary by 15 or so miles, the distance of each segment is reasonably close.
Overall I've been using postholer's data as my primary source since I think
he has a better estimate of the actual gain and loss between points. I
factor in gain to estimate how far I can hike in a day.

Your mileage will _definitely_ vary.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.