[pct-l] No Zeros in Motels

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Nov 8 09:52:38 CST 2012

Time doesn’t much matter on the trail, the weather can be the same, the geography is the same, for the most part, even the ways we get around out there can be the same, so whether you consider how a thru hike was accomplished in 1974 vs. 2011, the principles are foundational.

I think, the major difference between how I did my treks on the PCT and CDT and the way things are done now is based on style, travel heavy and stay on-trail longer or travel light and have to go on and off trail frequently for resupply. I keep talking about staying out longer just to counterpoint the current trend. You can still HYOH, though you might get some opinionated buffeting...

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org