[pct-l] No on Proposition Foraging

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Nov 12 16:13:35 CST 2012

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I know a few people who are into that
whole self-sufficiency thing. There's one guy right now that I sort
of know who is trying to live a whole year self-sufficient. He's lost
a lot of weight eating mostly blue jays. I don't think he's going to
make it, but you never know. Even he "cached" a bunch of food in
preparation for his year off the grid, but his food is from the
grocery store. So if he can "cheat" on his year in the woods like
that, why not hunt and gather in prep for a PCT hike and then your
only "cheat" is to eat dried, foraged foods that you "cached" at the
post office.