[pct-l] Early Start for Through Hike

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 14 09:23:36 CST 2012

Good morning, Amy,

What is “safe all around” depends greatly upon your personal skill,
motivation, and experience in dealing in solitude with extensive snowpack,
beginning a with the San Jacinto range.  It’s unclear what snow this next
year’s season will bring but preparation for such would be wise.

Your proposed time-frame is a full month ahead of the typical profile
which, if extended to entry in to the Sierra 700 miles later, would be a
very lonesome mid-May.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye