[pct-l] Chronic physical disabilities

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:35:20 CST 2012

If you are insane, then you are eminently qualified to hike the PCT and
will be in good company.  Don't attempt it without being certifiable
though.
Of course without knowing more about your injury, it's pretty hard to know
if your body would stand up to that many miles a day, but surely there's
just one way to find out.  Two words that you (as someone with a spinal
cord disorder) need to get *very* familiar with are "ultra" and "light".
 Also, the first 500 miles of the trail or so have a lot of potential
bail-out points without having to hike a zillion miles, so that's to your
advantage as well.

River