[pct-l] Shelter

BF playswmatches at punk.net
Thu Nov 15 17:02:51 CST 2012

"What are some creative ways to modify a tarp to suit most conditions on the
PCT? Is it better to just buy an ultra light tent?"

This something that I'm in trying decide on myself, as I have all but the
last 'Big Three' items to get for my thru hike next April.   I thought the
Six Moon Designs bug enclosure / poncho tent combo would be really good
for the multi-use option. Having bug free starry nights be nice, but could
one really rely only on a poncho for rain protection?

The ultralight option Is what I'm looking now.  Specifically the Zpacks
Hex solo,  It's seems to be the lighest option right now, and considering
that there's a $25 off sale going on this week, it knocks the price down
to the same range as the Six Moon Set Up.

I am very curious to hear what others have to say about Zpacks equipment,
especially the hex screen solo.

-Bryan