[pct-l] Walker pass to Kennedy Meadows - advise

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Nov 18 20:01:35 CST 2012

Bear canisters are not required. I saw a bear near Golden Oak spring,
much to the south of Walker Pass, so there are bears. The bear took
one look at me and took off running. Come to think of it, I think
there was a bear at Joshua Tree spring one time that I was there.
Personally, even with seeing bears there, I wouldn't bother with a
bear canister doing Walker Pass to Kennedy Meadows.