[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 59, Issue 19 Message 13

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 19:39:54 CST 2012

The base model ACR personal locator beacons run about $260-300 and do not require a subscription or activation fee from what I have read.  It sounds like it costs around the same as a spot with the subscription.  I wonder if they run on different satellite systems and one would be more reliable than the other.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!