[pct-l] Trail humour

Brian Forestell briandid at telusplanet.net
Wed Nov 21 09:33:06 CST 2012

This past summer I was hitch hiking from the PCT  to town in northern California.  I forgot just how conservative some of those areas are.  I have only met one Republican backpacker, and that was Thunder in 2006 so I figured the area near the trail  was Democrat friendly.

The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van.  He yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"

"Yes, I sure do," I replied.

"You a Democrat or a Republican," asked the old man.

Democrat," I replied.

"Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.

Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked me the same question.  Again, I gave the same answer, Democrat."
The driver gave me the finger and drove off.

I thought it over and decided that maybe I should change my strategy, since this area seemed to be overly political and there appeared to be
very few Democrats.

The next car to stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde. She smiled seductively and asked if I was a a Democrat or a Republican. Republican" I shouted.

Hop in!" replied the blonde.

Driving down the road, I couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman in the seat next to me, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect body,
and a short skirt .

Finally, I yelled, "Please stop the car."

She immediately slammed on the brakes and as soon as the car stopped,
I jumped out.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"I can't take it anymore," I replied. "I've only been a Republican for five minutes and already I want to screw somebody!"

Trouble