[pct-l] The Lollygag Crew

Larry Mann lvmann at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 19:01:32 CST 2012

Hats off to Dances with Lizards and Silent D !!!

What an achievement PCTing the North Cascades in Late Oct & Nov.

Waterboy

---------------------

Message: 8

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:17:21 -0700

From: nat at wildernessdancer.com

Subject: [pct-l] The Lollygag Crew

To: pct-l at backcountry.net

                format="flowed"

Known as Dances and Silent D  (Short for Dances with Lizards and

Brr(Silent D) or Natalie and Stephen), made it to Manning Park

November 18th.

To everyone who helped us along the way.  Thank you.

To everyone who we met along the way.  Thank you for making the

journey so special.

Thank you for the good wishes, the prayers to the trail gods and the

weather gods, the support in all ways, the gift of meeting someone and

having a conversation, however brief.

To those who said we couldn't do it.  Well, we did it anyway.

In October, closing in on the OR/WA border, someone told me I was

insane.  Straight up insane to think I could make it.

I smiled and kept walking.

Kept walking the way I wanted to walk.

We hiked the trail in style.  We enjoyed the entire journey.

In the end, it's not about the miles, but what happens between the miles.

And I popped a bottle of champagne at the border.  Just cause I could

after carrying it for 80 miles.

~Dances with Lizards