[pct-l] Karen's Hero

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 09:56:06 CST 2012

Fireweed.  You have mis-interpreted and over-reacted to what I wrote. I think that you might be overly sensitive - perhaps even threatened somewhat by my opinion.  I never advised you to or "pressured" you that you should stay and camp with someone you did not like - with whom you feel uncomfortable. I sure wouldn't. I think the guy you describe became pretty radical. Try re-reading what I wrote. The hikers that I met while riding the PCT were all really nice and friendly. By choice, unless there was no other option, I always camped alone with my wonderful horse, Primo. We never discussed religion or politics. We became bonded as friends - I was the other horse. I even learned to speak horse. We shared the same love of passing through wild places. During our months together,we came to understand, respect, and appreciate one another in ways that would be impossible if there were another - real - horse.

Yes, HYOH. Enjoy the experience. Just leave discussions of politics and religion alone and off this list. And, of course, give yourself permission to part company if you do meet someone that you don't like.

MendoRider-Hiker