[pct-l] raingear

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 13:23:32 CST 2012

> .

Oh with driducks the first thing you do after opening the package is to
throw away the pants - they are useless.

Try using a sil nylon rain skirt with them (ULA makes one) - works much
better and looks really cool in the town laundry mats.  The rain skirt has
the advantage that you can change into and out of it without needed to find
a changing room - which is sometimes surprisingly hard to find in some
laundry mats.  Also it is easy to don on the trail.

Be prepared for some interesting looks, I distinctly remember Tehachipi
were I am sure they are not used to a dirty male thru hikers coming in,
then pulling a flimsy plastic skirt over pants, dropping pants, pullling
off shirt, putting on a plastic driducks top, and then throwing every other
piece of fabric in the washing machine. Lots of interesting looks from the
women in there that morning.

Day-Late