[pct-l] (no subject)

Randy Godfrey randy3833 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 00:25:04 CST 2012

Matt, Scott and Kyla,

I am also in the beginning stages of a PCT thru hike plan and wondered what you may think of my proposed start date of around April 15th (the year after next).

I have read stories about the unbearable heat in So Cal and in the Mojave. I wanted to get started a little earlier in the season to maybe avoid that. Starting by April 15th would give me a liberal amount of time (I think) to get to Kennedy Meadows by the recommended date of around June 15th (retiring from my job!)  I won't be limited by a time schedule other than finishing the North Cascades by mid October.

Does that sound sensible to you or would it not be a good idea to leave so early? I suppose it would depend somewhat on the snow depth in the Sierras.

Randy