[pct-l] Tents, southbounding and heat of the desert

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Wed Nov 28 18:51:23 CST 2012

Look at journals during the 2005hiking season. It was a big snow year in
the Sierra and almost no snow on the ground in Washingtonin earlyJune.
Many started nobo and switched to Manning to hike south.  Those that
switched to Oregon rued their choice.  Big snow there too.

Everyyear is different.  Best to make your decision how to hike as your
time to leap out of school and into the wild is close. Don't stress too
much.  Planning is fun, but realize everything can change in a heartbeat...

Jeffrey Olson
RapidCity, SD