[pct-l] Solar Chargers

Seth Jacobs jacobs.sethf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 22:16:17 CST 2012

--

I tested a solar charger for about 6 months before taking in on the trail,
where it promptly failed.  I had planned to use it to charge my Android
phone and my Kindle.  The Kindle never needed a charge, but the phone only
lasted about 2 days.  It wasn't much of a problem, other than I liked to
text my wife when I would bed down at night.  I had told her not to worry
if she didn't hear from me every night because I didn't know what sort of
coverage I would have but after not hearing from me for 3 days she did
begin to worry.  Persons following your progress should know that not
hearing from you for a couple of days is not cause for worry (usually).

Seth