[pct-l] A few gear questions

Michael Irving michaeljirving at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:12:24 CST 2012

I use the Goal Zero Nomad 7 solar panel and the Guide 10 Plus charging pack to go with it.  It isn't too heavy if you're into your power and it's a great charger even with some cloud cover.  Plenty to keep an iPhone charged.  I run my GPS to track my hike all day long and take lots of pictures and some video (video chews through batteries even more than GPS does) and I can keep it pretty well charged I just have to manage it precisely.  Without using GPS and particularly if you had it in airplane mode most of the time you'd have power to spare even allowing for tree/cloud blockage of sun.  (I primarily am in the Portland Oregon area for reference)

Mike / GoalTech