[pct-l] Burning TP and more

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Oct 3 14:33:45 CDT 2012

Good afternoon,

For many years now I’ve carried out the used wipes rather than burying or
burning the stuff.  Instead of using conventional rolled toilet paper I use
Kleenex from one of the little 15-sheet, pocket-packets.
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=267947

A little packet is handier for me because it won’t roll downhill if I’m in
a hurry and drop it; the sheets are well protected from the rain; I tend to
use less because I can’t spin several feet off the roll with each use; and
after use the individual sheets are more easily poked into the devoted
trash shack.

The sack I use for the dirty Kleenex and the used anti-bacterial wipes is a
pint-size Ziploc bag which I flatten before closing.

I usually receive the Kleenex packets from home in my resupply box, but
they are also readily available at convenience stores in trail towns.  Many
of those stores don’t sell conventional TP in less than a two-roll pack,
and usually the packages are even larger.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/