[pct-l] Late Season Hiking

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 14:43:38 CDT 2012

August in the Sierra is wonderful and the longer you can delay your entry
into the deserts, the better in terms of heat.  But once it cools down,
potentially from mid Sept on, they are beautiful.  I hiked them from the
last week in Sept till the middle of Oct and actually got some freezing
weather at elevation, and no really hot days.  You have to be cognizant of
water and distances between sources, but I always found good sources.
 North to South is the way to go in my opinion and end at Border.

Shroomer