[pct-l] Dances With Marmots

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Mon Oct 8 01:02:10 CDT 2012

I think I remember his hike as being 1991, not sure if that was in his book or his website. Kudos for knowing he's a Kiwi, but really our language isn't that strange. I was understood most of the time in the US.

~Craig/Heaps/SunWalker

I just finished reading Dances With Marmots - A Pacific Crest Trail Adventure by George Spearing.  I never did figure out when he did his thru hike, but it appears to have been a number of years ago.  I found the book to be much better than "Wild" and, unlike that book, was really about hiking the trail.  George is a Kiwi so his language and expressions are sometimes a bit strange, but I found his account to be entertaining and somewhat humorous.  Highly recommended.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/