[pct-l] Mountain Bikes and Trail Damage

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Tue Oct 9 17:37:23 CDT 2012

Many of the trails the I ride on also have horses on them  Contrary to
> popular belief on this site, most mountain bike riders are respectful to
> horses and hikers.   We always stop and let the horse pass or ride slow
> past the horse so they are not spooked. As with any sport or activity, you
> will always find the idiots in the group.  And those will be the people
> that are point to by the other side as the reason they should not be there
> or allowed to participate

I would point out that what you do yourself is NOT able to be extrapolated
to "most mountain bike riders".   How the heck would you know what most
riders do?

If you want to find out what most do, ask the riders of horses, and that will
give you a much more accurate rendition of the situation