[pct-l] bikes on the PCT & the PCTA

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:58:17 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM,  <ambery-80243 at mypacks.net> wrote:

> I assume based upon their own mission statement, that the PCTA should be standing against this.  There mission is to "preserve and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail as an internationally significant resource for the enjoyment of hikers and equestrians."
>
> Their 2010 to 2013 Strategic Plan has a Vision Statement for the PCT's future, which includes:
> "The entire Pacific Crest Trail corridor is permanently protected, well maintained and
> managed. It is well known both nationally and internationally, and is treasured by hikers
> and equestrians who appreciate its remote natural character"
>
> I agree that if this doesn't remain the focus, I will reconsider my donations.

I think it is a little early to start threatening the PCTA with
cutting donations when the process and their official stance on this
particular matter hasn't even been started.

Please folks. Let's cool down a little. There is a lot of heat being
genreated for something that seems to be not much more than very good
internet rumor at this point.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--