[pct-l] To SPOT or not to SPOT [AND] Money along the Trail

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Sat Oct 13 11:28:50 CDT 2012

I use the SPOT connect in conjunction with my smart phone.  It works pretty well.
I also use Backcountry Navigator with my phone instead of a GPS.  It is not a perfect replacement, but it does work well for those occasions where you are confused about a trail junction or cannot find the trail in the snow.  Not sure I would want to trust it when going through several days of continuous snow, especially since it sucks battery life pretty fast.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/