[pct-l] storm in PNW hitting late hikers

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Sun Oct 14 10:28:21 CDT 2012

My buddy and I bailed out of a 3 day trip this weekend when the storm hit the Badger Creek wilderness area, usually well protected from the brunt of the storms by being in the rain shadow of Mt Hood. The Howling wind and lashing rain made for a miserable experience. I can only imagine what it was like on the west side of the mountain where the PCT is.

Diarmaid "Irish" Harmon
irishharmon at comcast.net

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"