[pct-l] Tethers to the other world...

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 14 20:52:39 CDT 2012

>> I agree with you, in this day-and-age (as opposed to "go west young man" era) not allowing loved ones that are concerned about you to know your safe and they don't need to go to bed at night not knowing if they will ever see you again is VERY selfish.

Jon,

The decision to carry communications devices is each person's choice to make. There's nothing selfish about not carrying one and comparing that to the actions on your list is inappropriate.

Do you carry a satellite phone? Better bring a PLB and Spot along also. Cost and weight shouldn't matter if you don't want to be selfish.

Snap

PS Remember the heated arguments about the ethics of using cell phones in the wilderness. Now it's expected.