[pct-l] CAMERA ENCOUNTER WITH 3 MB'S ON SECTION D

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 08:49:34 CDT 2012

SIGNS.  Considering that the sign prohibiting bikes was prominently located only about three feet from the PCT, I would be difficult for all four (my pictures reveal that there were actually four, not three) bikers not to have seen it. Of course, from my experience, and that of others who have also posted on this list, "innocence" is a common response. Other, less polite, bikers will simply blast past you either saying F--K you or nothing at all. These four could not have ridden past since Ray and I were effectively blocking the trail with our animals. We would not yield.

Something else that I would like to add is the need for SIGNS.  That is one subject that I discussed with the Ranger at Angeles National Forest. Why don't they add signs to the existing posts that are placed at all TH's and also at road crossings? The signs would state that the fines will apply to those who illegally use the PCT with wheeled vehicles? The same approach would also discourage those who make illegal fires. Why not? If we want to protect the PCT we should be more proactive. I think that if they know that there is a possibility of their having to pay a fine, most would obey the law. The Forest Service is underfunded - the fines might help. Again, why not?  I wonder what other posters on this list think of that approach.

MendoRider-Hiker