[pct-l] NO BIKES SIGNS

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Wed Oct 17 14:26:41 CDT 2012

I am not familiar at all with how the mountain bike community works.  But if it was policy to leave all logs that were easy to step over untouched, you could likely make a case that it preserves the integrity of the trail by:1) preventing unauthorized mechanical transportation from using and damaging the trail2) allowing limited resources to deal with other obstacles that are a hinderance to authorized users of the trail3) adding to the 'wild' nature of the trail4) helping to stabilize slopes
And I am sure some of you more creative types could come up with other advantages for leaving the trail in a 'more natural state'.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/