[pct-l] Admin Note: "No Bikes" advocacy

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Fri Oct 19 12:09:36 CDT 2012

Don't let anyone stop you from expressing your view one way or the other
send the emails expressing your views it is your right and you should
not be denied it.  The USFS and PCTA might be quite aware of the issue
but they do not necessarily know the views of there constituents.
===========================

Jim, assuming that you are not simply stupid, perhaps you have heard
of the concept of COURTESY?

If I fill your email inbox with what amounts to a "denial of service"
broadside of emails advocating bikes on the PCT, do you suggest
that will turn you right around into a bike advocate?

I think not.  I think you will be pissed off.  I think that given
the chance, you will be highly motivated to remember the discourtesy.

You have now been asked, nicely, to restrain yourself from interfering
with the work that people ACTUALLY have to do administering the trail,
rather that sitting around pontificating about it.  This is a very busy time
for the trail, with the seasonal employees leaving, and the forests
getting shut down for the winter.

If you are hoping to PURSUADE someone to do something, you will
rarely do so by insulting them and pissing them off by deliberately
ignoring their polite request.