[pct-l] SPOT Connect and DeLorme InReach comparison

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:02:43 CDT 2012

Additional information as an inReach user:

The inReach subscription rate:

http://www.inreachdelorme.com/product-info/faq.php

The incident is counted when you receive an email  So one two-way
email resulted 2 incidents.

I am subscribing Safety Plan. I do not want a tracking service. so I
am always keep the inReach power off. I power on the inReach only in
the evening. In this usage, the battery life is very long lasting.

As the article indicated, if you want to post your location and
message both to Twitter and Facebook, it resulted 2 incidents. To
avoid this situation, you should  connect Twitter and Facebook.
Recently, I post the message to Twitter, and Twitter automatically
posts message to Facebook. So, it resulted 1 incidents.

When the inReach is in difficulty to send message, red lamp blinks. In
this situation, you should bring out the inReach under the more open
sky.

I sent and received 40-50 messages in this summer, error is very rare.
I sent a message from Bishop Pass to my wife, but this message was
disappeared. But I am not sure this was the fault of inReach or my
miss operation. At least, I can say error rate of inReach is very low.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )