[pct-l] another bike approach? (Ken Murray)

Craig Giffen cg at lunky.com
Fri Oct 19 23:24:24 CDT 2012

I have suggested this before and think it is a great idea.  The MTB crowd (hi guys!) don't want to actually do the work+logistics of building a MTB only trail, they would rather just usurp an existing trail and make it their own.  I say "make it their own" because my interest in the PCT will become nil once that crowd is allowed on the trail.  I've honestly thought about taking my vintage Stumpjumper and throwing it in a dumpster I'm so pissed off at the MTB crowd for their bottom feeder attitude.

If we need more people to advocate for the trail we might as well open it up to ATVs and motorcross bikes then too.  Heck, let's make it wider and then the 4x4 jeep crowd can be stewards of the trail too.

Anyways, build your own trail guys...

CG