[pct-l] Sec A Mile 11 campspot?

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Sun Oct 21 11:56:00 CDT 2012

To: Scott Bryce
Sun Oct 21 11:05:30 CDT 2012

Thanks Scott,
I figured as much but since I’ve never been there and have not seen anyone commenting in a journal about camping before Hauser creek I was wondering.
Your statement – “If you can't find a place to camp in open desert,
you may have trouble hiking the trail” – gave me a good belly laugh ;)  Ya-gotta-remember, I live and hike in the PNW and I’m having trouble getting my mind around open spaces on trail and no rain for days on end ;)
I have taken a couple hikes in the Yakima Canyon area (sage brush and rattle snakes) in prep for next year, but even there the sage brush is close enough together that I would not call it open desert like I see in journal pictures.
And Yes, I plan on keeping an eye on the water reports (thank you Half-Mile).

‘til later
jon