[pct-l] Sec A Mile 11 campspot?

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sun Oct 21 15:28:10 CDT 2012

On 10/21/2012 10:56 AM, belcherjd at juno.com wrote:
> I figured as much but since I’ve never been there and have not seen
> anyone commenting in a journal about camping before Hauser creek I
> was wondering.

I think most people, if they start early in the day, try to get at least
as far as Hauser Creek. Those who camp before that probably started
later in the day.

> Your statement – “If you can't find a place to camp in open desert,
> you may have trouble hiking the trail” – gave me a good belly laugh
> ;)  Ya-gotta-remember, I live and hike in the PNW and I’m having
> trouble getting my mind around open spaces on trail and no rain for
> days on end ;)

You will have different challenges in the open desert. Instead of thick
undergrowth, you will have huge rocks strewn about everywhere. There are
places in the desert where it is hard to find a place to camp, but
around mile 11 shouldn't be bad.