[pct-l] MTBs on the PCT

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 28 11:53:34 CDT 2012

---- Dan Campbell <dan at camelbackhotel.com> wrote:
> While section hiking the PCT I rarely ever see another hiker.  It might be
> fun to see a MTB every once in a while.  They might be great trail angels
> (imagine 4 water caches between scissor crossing and barrel springs rather
> than 1).

Oh, great. :-P

With all the Border Patrol vehicles swarming section A and environs, can you imagine how many agents will be on bike if the trail is opened?

I've never had any particular problems with mountain bikers, but from my experience very few yield the trail. Can't we have one wilderness trail in this country?

Gary