[pct-l] San Jacintos timing

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Oct 28 19:30:19 CDT 2012

Good evening, list,

I'm planning to combine some family sightseeing with some section hiking next summer.  My wife and I plan to meander from the Grand Canyon into So Cal (San Jacintos), thence northward toward Yosemite, Carson Pass,  Crater Lake, Cascades Lock.  What is the earli est that the snow is usually gone off Apache Peak, South Peak, etc. on the San Jacintos?  I don't mind bringing the ice axe and Kahtoolas but I'd rather not.  I need to fill in the section from Apache Peak to Black Mtn Road.  Thanks in advance.

Happy Halloween,

Mango