[pct-l] Question on Idyllwild area trails

juma juma3 at cox.net
Mon Oct 29 09:00:18 CDT 2012

If the weather holds, I'm thinking of section hiking from the Paradise
Cafe to I-10 over 11/8-13.  As I'm sure its dry up there, I'm wondering
about the possibility of caching water at the Morris Ranch trail
junction or the Fobes Ranch trail junction.  Is there an accessible
trail head at either of those roads where I could park while I hike up
and leave water?

I'm also wondering about Black Mountain Road.  Will it be open at this
time of year so I can drive up and leave water at the PCT crossing?

I'll be flying out from the East Coast so I'd like to be as certain as
possible about my water cache plan before trying to do this section
now.  Thanks in advance for any info on this!

juma