[pct-l] VVR Resupply

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 22:44:09 CDT 2012

Hi Daniel,

This summer I rode my horse to VVR. Coming from the south, I took the Bear Ridge trail to the resort and the trail that parallels the lake to return to the JMT/PCT.

The water level was so low that the ferry service had been canceled - the hikers were just hiking in. I had sent my resupply box to VVR. I sent it via UPS. VVR charged $18.00 to hold it. You can camp there free. It is a nice camp. The food is great. If you go, be sure to get the PCT breakfast. It is excellent. There is a small charge for the showers and laundry. The store was well stocked when I was there in July.

MendoRider-Hiker