[pct-l] Worst parts of the trail and ways to get though them

rickandurs at juno.com rickandurs at juno.com
Wed Oct 31 11:52:17 CDT 2012

Hiking the PCT is a combination of mental and physical.  I would say that the mental part far outweighs the physical part.  If you can walk, you can hike.  After all, it is basically putting one foot in front of the other.  This is not to say that it won't be physically hard, but if you don't have the right mental attitude to go with it you won't make it. Every step of the PCT is beautiful in its own way.  Savor each step for you may never see it again.  You will see so many beautiful things.  Be open minded and ready to change any schedule you may have.  Yogi is right, any plans will be shot the second day out. Heck, our day by day itinerary was shot the FIRST day out!  That is part of the fun.  And remember, "it is the miseries that make the memories!"   Just go for it! And keep the right frame of mind.  The hard part is thinking there are hard parts and that you have to get through them.  Ursula