[pct-l] Worst parts of the trail and ways to get though them

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:45:24 CDT 2012

I can't remember where I heard it first, but when I hike, I am always ready
to "Embrace the Brutality!" I believe that any time I spends doing what I
love can not be a hardship. Anything that happens during that time is
simply something that needs to be embraced and dealt with with the joy that
I get from not being behind a desk, in a noisy machine shop, stuck in
traffic, etc.

Being with good friends, riding my motorcycle, hiking and surrounded by
nature, or just stopping for a while to realize how good I've got it in
this life, is always a wonderful thing for me.

Spoken like someone that hasn't attempted a thru hike, eh? ;-)

Dan Jacobs
Washougal