[pct-l] Footwear!!

Stephanie Best stephintahoe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 2 12:52:53 CDT 2012

Hey Miles,

In preparation for my 2013 PCT hike I headed to REI to try on some shoes.  I was
there for hours (literally) trying on all the different shoes.  I knew I didn't
want to use hiking boots so I was going back and forth between trail runners and
a little sturdier shoe.  Tried the KEEN Alamosa and found, for me, KEENs had a
super comfortable toe box but the heal slipped a lot (this was just from walking
the faux mountain in the store).  I'm a 6'1" female with size 11 shoe so I have
to buy men's shoes.  Ultimately, I bought the Teva Riva Event.  Awesome shoe,
super comfortable (weight depends on the size but mine is 18.5oz).  On sale at
REI through tomorrow.  I'm purchasing a second pair so I can work on breaking
them in.

Good luck,
Steph