[pct-l] Cooking Systems

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Sep 4 09:33:31 CDT 2012

Good morning, Havasu,

In terms of overall function vs. weight it’s hard to beat the basic
home-made alcohol stove under a titanium pot; examples of which are
pictured at: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=166296

The stove in that image can be made by just about anyone with their own ten
thumbs from plans available on the ‘net, one of which is:
http://royrobinson.homestead.com/Cat_Stove.html

Those simple stoves heat water, doing so with little or no regulation.  Any
food or recipe that says, “… then simmer for 10 minutes…”  is off my menu.  I
heat water, add the dry stuff, and when the fuel is exhausted the food
better be ready to eat because it’s going down.  I object to any degree of
complexity beyond that.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye