[pct-l] HWy 74 to San Jacinto Section-water report

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 20:18:41 CDT 2012

I only did a small portion of the pct in san jacinto over the weekend due to not being able to get a camping spot where I wanted, but i have included pictures of the water report for the area that was provided at the ranger station.  Be sure to look at the date verified and call the rangers in the area if you want to double check them.  Strawberry Cienega was def. muddy and pooling and could be dry pretty soon here unless they get more rain...I could have gotten water there but I had enough to make it to Wellman Cienega.  Since I was already going to Wellman Cienega, if you hike about a 1/2 mile off the pct along Wellman Cienega there is plenty of running water that was mighty tasty.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!